Sunday 13 September 2015

Marie Therese Necklace








Looking through my drafts and I found this old blog post 
with my first ever 
beading around a cab necklace. 
Thought I would post it today...

  I love Sophia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette
it's such a great source of inspiration with its 
macaron inspired
pastel costume colour scheme 
and of course its fabulous 
location in the palace of Versailles.

I re-watched it and just had to make something afterwards!

So this necklace is a flight of fantasy with the idea being that 
it could be a necklace that Marie could have worn with a 
cameo of her daughter (Marie Therese) attached. 

My very first attempt at beading around a cameo here! 
It's not a 'try it a few times then post it first attempt'.

It's a genuine first try ' I had no idea at all what to do attempt!' 
Which is why there are obvious flaws.

It was a learning project and it shows.
 That's all part of the fun though.

However, 
I am super pleased with the top half of the necklace 
and I can cut off 
the cameo dangle if I want to 
and wear the top half alone. 

Seems a shame to cut it up though. 
- I think I will keep it as a learning project. 

Nice to look back on these things :-)  



No comments:

Post a Comment