Friday 24 August 2012

Le Chat Noir Necklace





   






I don't always make things from my 'Inspire me' posts 
but this postcard really made me want to create something.  

I love cats and I was desperately looking for a black cat clasp to finish this piece
but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. 

Then I found I had run out of jump rings, so being too impatient to order 
any new supplies I made possibly the laziest clasp ending to 
a necklace ever - looping over the actual beading wire 
at the end to serve as a loop for the clasp!

I wasn't really expecting to wear it much 
but actually I have worn this necklace many, many, times now.

It's become one of my favourites and 
I just hope the lazy 'clasp' holds out for a while! 




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh its perfect! or should I say....purrfect!! someday you'll get around to adding a 'proper' clasp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love black and red together. :)

    Happy beading,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete