Tuesday 11 March 2014

The Story Of The Cinderella Bead




Are you sitting comfortably? Well, then I'll begin.. 


Today I was tidying up my jewellery making cabinet 
when I came across a really old bag of
beads I had rather unlovingly thrown together. 

This is the bag of 'ugly' beads. 

Ones from mix packs that I didn't like
or that were imperfect or a bit deformed. 
The 'rubbish' ones from mix packs basically!

I thought about chucking the whole bag out. 
'Nothing pretty in here', I thought to myself. 

However, 
I am not one to just frivolously
 throw things away. 
So I sifted through the rejects 
and I found this 
long bead 
which 
apart from a rather sooty look to the clear glass
looked rather pretty. 

'Hmmm, maybe with the right accent beads I could do 
something with this one. '
So I decided to pretty it up with some pink and gold
seed beads,  AB glass rounds 
(they almost look like crystal balls) 
and a gorgeous gold plated flower clasp complete 
with diamante centre. 

From an unloved and overlooked item
 ready to hit the dustbin this bead 
is now looking beautiful and ready to wear. 

'Cinderella you shall go to the ball!'

1 comment:

  1. A very apt title for the lovely new bracelet :-)
    I clean my bead box regularly too but somehow have difficulty throwing beads away...

    ReplyDelete