Friday 16 August 2013

La Fleur Bracelet By Sabine Lippert - Completed!



Nine hours and twenty five minutes, 
four bent needles and three stabbed fingers later 
and here we are - La Fleur Bracelet pattern completed! 



It was the most time consuming project I've worked on so far, 
but I loved every single minute of it. 
(Tell that to the pricked fingers..!) 

Seriously, I was wondering whether somebody of novice beading 
level would be able to make anything out of Sabine's 
beautiful book' Beaded Fantasies'. It all looked so complex. 

I needn't have worried though, the instructions are really good and 
at no point does it say ' now do twenty million rounds of some stitch 
you have never heard of and we haven't explained...'.

Quite the contrary.
 Sabine's instructions are very user friendly. 
 I loved her original colour way of minty milky green and bronze 
but I wanted to personalise the bracelet and choose my own colour scheme.




I can't believe I have managed to bead something like this, 
looking through the book I did think it was all so pretty but 
there was no way I'd ever be able to make anything like that.


I have been beading it a little bit at a time,
 when I could, over the weeks
and now it's finished I am quite missing working on it.



All in all a very enjoyable project and 
I'm super pleased with how it turned out.


1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful and elegant!!!
    Kisses!Sophie from Greece!!!

    ReplyDelete